Emer Garry is a certified book editor and proofreader currently based in Ireland. She has been involved in academic writing and peer-review editing for over 10 years, during her BA, MSc, and PhD, which included technical and scientific writing. She has worked within companies, including in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, to produce and check all documents, SOPs, reports, and press releases, as well as creating marketing material.
She commonly corrects English for non-native speakers who are publishing work in the global English-speaking world and help the continuing, exciting surge of self-publishing writers.
- Proofreading and Editing Level 4 Diploma, College of Media and Publishing (2017, Distinction)
- Book Editor Certification, IAP Career College (2015, Distinction)
- PhD in Neuroscience, Edinburgh University (2001)
- MSc in Neuroscience, Edinburgh University (1998)
- BA (Hons) in Arts and Psychology, University College Dublin (1996)
- Proofreading and editing fiction and non-fiction books for self-published authors.
- Proofreading and editing academic theses, dissertations and research papers.
- Working with companies to improve their marketing content and white papers.